Thursday, June 05, 2008

Covers - Bananarama, After the Fire, Toni Basil and Cyndi Lauper.

28th May

Der Kommissar - After the Fire
Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
Pink Cadillac - Natalie Cole
Born to Run - Frankie goes to Hollywood
Mickey - Toni Basil
All through the night - Cyndi Lauper
China Girl - David Bowie
Long Train Running - Bananarama
Jackie Wilson said - Dexy's Midnight Runners
You better run - Pat Benatar
You keep me hanging on - Kim Wilde
The Tide is high - Blondie

A show full of cover songs. Songs that were covered in the 80's that is.
Some were obvious and some not and some I knew about but had never heard before and thought I should have. And some I wish that I hadn't ever heard. Bruce Springsteen should NOT be covered, it doesn't matter how good you are!

I first heard that Bananarama had covered Long Train Running last year. I was looking for the lyrics for the community band. I found it recently to play on air. It's not the Doobie Brothers thats for sure, but it isn't unbearable.

No comments: