Sunday, August 10, 2008

Some more re-discovered Madness!! Thanks Trav!

Choose Life on 30/07/08

The War Song - Culture Club

Only when you leave - Spandau Ballet
New moon on Monday - Duran Duran
Dress you up - Madonna
Harlem Shuffle - Rolling Stones
Pride - U2
Dream Police - Cheap Trick
Party - Uncanny X Men
When you were mine - Cyndi Lauper
Night boat to Cairo - Madness
Hazy shade of winter - The Bangles

Speaking to a friend reminded me of music I listened to constantly in the 80's. I have Madness albums on cd, but not 2 songs: Shut Up and Night boat to Cairo.
The first time I heard Shut Up after all these years, I was amazed to hear the song words spilling out of my mouth unconsciously. How bizarre, I sang that song every night while walking to the deli to play pinball. How crazy is it to still have that in my head? And no wonder I took up piano!!

No comments: